Category Archive: Promotions
Image from www.howlerbros.com
Howler Bros. is on a roll lately with all kinds of sweet products being released almost bi-weekly. Within 10 minutes of receiving an email announcing the Paradise Gaucho i had ordered mine (receiving 8-10 drooling comments on my first day wearing it) and just days later was informed that these sweet ass Howler Camp Mugs were also available (and quickly jumping to the top of my x-mas list).
If you want your best shot at grabbing some of this awesome gear be sure to sign up for their email lists (at the bottom of their website) because a lot of this stuff is going quick, and for good reason, it’s unique and it rocks. Howler’s killing it, and as fellow Austin, TX fly-fishers we couldn’t be more proud.
image from www.howlerbros.com
Okay, here’s the deal, this sight is NOT about big fish and big egos, but it just so happens that some of the nicest people we know are catching big fish. To this end we’d love to introduce a new ongoing “contest” where the only prizes are bragging rights and the occasional schwag i can round up from reps or dark back alleys.
Angler: Egan Jones – Photo: Tanis Jones – Species: Smallmouth Buffalo
More than anything this new page (found right below the title bar above) will be a spot for anyone that wants to send in photos of any fish that they feel are their own personal best, regardless of species or size. In my mind a heroic sunfish could easily win, but really it’s up to you and your fellow readers as i’ll have no say in it. I promise not to be hard ass about submissions, but until i get a grip on what i might have to sift through i ask the following;
1) They are catches from the current month (or at the most two).
2) One submission a month so choose wisely and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) All submissions should include species caught, a rough location, anglers name, photo credit.
3) At the end of the month we’ll shoot out a poll, let folks vote and announce the winner you’ve chosen.
More details as we iron out the kinks! Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at #foalcontest for your entry!
Angler: David Feldkamp – Photo by Alex Freddi – Species: Steelhead
Like to keep the sun off of your eyes when you’re hauling in a five pound bass or trout? Then enter for your chance to win a collection of six hats from Orvis, Teva, Patagonia, Mountain Khaki, Yeti and Towee Boats!
Super simple rules:
1) Leave a comment to this post letting us know where you’ll sport them if you win.
2) The entry dates are 10/26/14 – 10/30/14 (at midnight).
3) The winner will be chose by random number generator on 10/31 and announced that morning.
Please feel free to share this with your friends! And as always we appreciate your help in getting us one step closer to making this blog a full time passion!